Skip to Content

Teleseminar Interview 2007


Ask the Author teleseminar interview

Teleseminar Interview on Thursday 27 September at 7.30pm for one hour


With Simon Trewin, Literary Agent at PFDRepresents authors of fiction and non-fiction, children's writers, screenwriters, playwrights, documentary makers, technicians, presenters and public speakers throughout the world. Has 85 years of international experience in all media. PDF now have a POD section. Some good advice for those seeking a representative., interviewed by Julia McCutchenJulia McCutchen is an intuitive creator, writer and mentor who guides people to share their unique gifts through creating, writing and living from a conscious and vibrant connection to Truth. A former international publisher, Julia experienced a life-changing accident in 1999 which triggered a series of major quantum leaps in her spiritual awakening. She subsequently developed a tried and tested holistic approach to access the present and aligned state required for original creative expression in all areas of life, especially writing. She is the founder and creative director of the International Association of Conscious & Creative Writers (IACCW) and the author of two books including, Conscious Writing: Discover Your True Voice Through Mindfulness and More (Hay House). For more information and a free video series visit and, Writers’ Coach & Publishing Consultant

The cost is £15 for the live call PLUS access to download an MP3 audio recording AND a word-for-word transcript.

Does the thought of approaching agents with your book ideas leave you feeling stuck and lacking in confidence because you’re just not sure how to go about it?

If so, you’re not alone!

Many writers experience similar anxieties when it comes to approaching literary agents. And it is totally understandable. The market is tough these days and ever-increasing numbers of writers are looking for representation by an agent as a first step to signing a deal with a publisher.

What you need is access to an expert to answer your questions and the chance to hear the inside story of what agents are really looking for.

Well, this is your opportunity to experience just such a situation with Simon Trewin, Literary Agent and Joint Head of the Books Department at PFD (

Simon's clients include Andrew Miller, Scarlett Thomas, Steven Hall, Danny Wallace, John Boyne and bloggers Petite Anglaise and The Girl With A One Track Mind. He receives 6000 unsolicited approaches a year and rejects 98% of them within 5 minutes of receipt because they are ill-crafted or poorly thought out. In this session he will give you the ammunition to have a better chance of bring one of those 2% who make the grade.

Click here for more information and to register your place


How do teleseminars work?

Simple! Teleseminars are just like telephone conference calls which enable you to enjoy all of the benefits of a live seminar in the comfort of your own home.

When you register, you will receive an email with the telephone number and the access code you need to participate in the call. You simply call the telephone number you have been sent and key in the access code to your telephone key pad when prompted by the recorded message - and you’ll be in!

What if I can’t make the live call?

No problem – you can still register to receive the MP3 recording AND the word-for-word transcript any time before or after the live call!